It is that time of the year when the festivities are on and everywhere you go, you see people out with their families shopping for sweets, clothes, fireworks and other things. So, what do you do if you are a single woman? Does it mean that you don’t get to enjoy the festivities? Of course not! Memsaab tells you how to enjoy the festival season if you are a single woman..Read on..
1. Visit your immediate family or invite them over if you are staying separately. You could visit your parents, your brother or sister. In case you are already staying with them, then you anyways get to celebrate the festival with them.
2. What if it is not feasible to be with your parents or siblings? Invite your like-minded friends over or go and visit them. Single women when they get together can have a blast! You do not need to be tied to convention. Celebrate Diwali in your own inimitable way!
3. Splurge on yourself. This is the season when people spend most on themselves. Go out. Buy some real good clothes. Get a makeover. Go to the beauty parlor. Get a new trendy haircut.
4. If you are a person who loves jewellery, then this festival is the best excuse to get yourself new jewellery. Like that necklace? Or have you been eyeing that diamond ring? Now is the time girl! Go, Get it!
5. Gorge on those sweets and chocolates. This is that time of the year when you can leave your guilt pangs behind and gorge on those delicacies. You can always burn of those extra calories later!
6. Think of some of your favorite movies and have a movie night with friends or with loved ones. Comfortable clothes, good food, drinks and a good flick can be a great way to celebrate Diwali.
So celebrate your being single and bring in the festival season like never before! Have a safe and prosperous Diwali!