We recently celebrated some big and small festivals. Beginning with Ganesh Utsav, then the Navratras, then Dushehra, followed by the greatest festival Diwali, and lastly the Bhaiyya Dooj, all are done with. No doubt these festivals give us an opportunity and excuse to gorge on all our favorite snacks and desserts, but now it is time to get back to the healthy routine. Have you also put on a kilo or two during the last one month?
Start now with a detoxification routine. After the Diwali parties and yummy sweets, your body needs a break to get back into shape. Give your digestive system a break with this detox routine. Follow for a week or more for best results.
1. Begin with a resolution to cut out all sugars, fast food and oily fatty foods from your diet for a few days.
2. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day.
3. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Nothing like water to cleanse!
4. Consume at least 5 portions of fresh fruit and vegetables every day.
5. Avoid dairy.
6. Have fresh vegetable juices and smoothies every day.
7. No alcohol allowed!
Follow these tips for a week or more and you will notice the change yourself!