The first meeting with your boyfriend’s family, especially his parents, is bound to make you nervous and excited at the same time. You are excited coz this meeting signifies taking your relationship to the next level. You are nervous at the same time coz they are his parents!!! You obviously want them to like you and become your fans just like he did! Don’t worry, you can easily go through with this first meeting. All you need is confidence, grace and a little charm. Mostly, it’s just plain common sense: avoid things that might offend them, do thing sthat they might like. As simple as that!
– Dress well. Your boyfriend might like you in a tight tank top, but please dress for the ocassion. Look elegant, classy, graceful, and DECENT.
– Do your HW. Before you decide to meet his family, do a little research on all of them. Your boyfriend is obviously the best person to help you with that. Find out their likes, dislikes, hobbies, interests etc. This gives you a wide range to topics to start conversations, and you can get them to like you very easily if you talk about things that interest them!
– Avoid conflict. You might think that his father is a male chauvinist, but you don’t have to say it. You might think his mother is a fool to be supporting AAP, but she doesn’t need to know what you think. Since first opinions usually stay for a long time, it is best to make sure that they don’t go home with a negative opinion of you!
– Avoid PDA. Some parents may be offended even by holding hands! It is best to maintain a safe distance.
– Show good manners. Be courteous and show them the same respect that you would show to your parents, if not a little more! Avoid texting all the while during the meeting! Make sure you don’t use any bad words.