When was the last time you picked up a newspaper, and there was no rape news in it? It seems like the rapes will never stop. Minor girls being raped, rape inside a car, rape inside a bus, rape in a school, rape by father, rape by teacher, gangrape, rape with murder, the list is endless. The sick male mentality keeps coming up with new ways to humiliate women in our country. Will it ever end?
The Tata Strategic Management Group has recently conducted a study into the Female Security Index, long with the Well Being Index. What does the report show? There is huge disparity between condition of women in different parts of our country. Many places are extremely unsafe for women.
– North Eastern States fare extremely well on the FSI.
– Southern States also do well on the FSI scale.
– Gujarat emerges as a safe place for women too.
– Northern States of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh perform poorly on the FSI.
– Amongst the metro cities, Hyderabad and Delhi are the worst, and Bangalore and Chennai are the best performers on FSI.
This study points towards a definite regional divide when it comes to the safety of women. Our law makers need to use this data to analyse the reasons behind these findings, and to come up with new policies that aim at making the whole country safe for women.
Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include almost all important infos. I?d like to see more posts like this.
Heya i?m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to provide something again and aid others like you helped me.