Remember the time when you loved splashing around in muddy puddles full of rain water – and your mom chided you for doing so? Most parents tell their children to steer clear of rainy water and puddles because they are believed to cause skin diseases. But the truth is that if you take care of your own hygiene, playing around in muddy water can be healthy and enjoyable!
Here are a few ways in which you can keep your skin healthy during the monsoon.
1. When you get back home in the evening, take a shower to get rid of all the germs you might have accumulated over the day.
2. Once you are home, avoid wearing socks and even undergarments. Bacterial growth is maximum in these areas as they are warm and moist – perfect breeding environment!
3. Wear only loose cotton clothes. Anything else will not allow your skin to breathe and your skin needs to breathe during these warm moist months.
4. Avoid going into public pools or crowded public places. Remember, there are microorganisms everywhere!
5. Wash your hands with soap every few hours.
6. Eat plenty of fresh season fruit to improve your immunity.