Indian Muslim scholar Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi wrote a book “A Gift for a Muslim Couple “. It’s lucky for him that he died in 1943.
What’s the book about: The book which consists of quotations from Thanvi’s other books related to the subject of marriage is a guide for newly married couples.
– Real life incidents,
– Various aspects of family life and
– it explains how to run the institution of marriage successfully.
The 160-page book offers tips to Muslim husbands that “it might be necessary to restrain their wives with strength or even threaten her.”
The book even says that a husband may beat his wife “by hand or stock” and “pull (her) by the ears,” but “refrain from beating her excessively.”
Do you want to hear more:This book says that a husband’s rights include
– Ensuring his wife fulfills his desires,
– Not allowing her to leave the house without his permission and
– Seeing that she be tidy and beautiful for him.
We at Memsaab believe that the contents of this book are so disgusting that the author Thanvi should be ashamed of himself.
Why it’s the news now: Apparently this book is currently sold in a Toronto bookstore and the book was completely sold out in the book store (Islamic Books and Souvenirs in Toronto).