As our society transforms from the concept of having multiple children to the modern concept of having one or two children, many other changes can be seen in the society. Parents pamper and spoil their children all the more now. Children are more likely to turn out brats now. Parents find it hard to say no and to discipline their children. Do you also find tough chalenges on the parenting road? Here are a few tips that will help you in answering any questions you may have.
How To Be A Good Parent
– Never be the harsh displinarian. If you act tough and strict all the time, you will eventually find that your attitude stops working after a while. It will only have negative impac on your child’s emotional and psychological growth.
– Set up some basic rules. Having rules helps in displining your children. If possible, involve your children in the setting up of rules.
– Be involved in everything your child does. Play with him/her, go to the park, attend every occassion at school and generally be there ALWAYS to support and appreciate your children.
– Be respectful towards your child. Even though your child is very young, he/she is an individual nevertheless and deserves respect like everyone else. Avoid name calling and insulting at all costs.
– Do things together. If you want your child to take up a sport, do it with him. If you want her to start reading, do it together and generate interest in her. Instead of asking them to do things, you should do those things with them.