Now-a-days a very common topic among people is the new disease that is actually causing a stir in the world. As we all know the exploration of “Zika virus” is a very recent news in every media corner. Zika virus contagion in humans has been reported since the 1950s. It is transmitted by the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes (which bite in the daytime). Zika is generally a mild disease. 53 of these countries and territories have reported evidence of mosquito-borne Zika virus transmission since 2015. Aug 31 Thirteen Indian citizens are among those infected in an outbreak of the Zika virus in Singapore, according to a person at the Indian High Commission in the city-state. It is a matter of great concern to how well we protect ourselves and our surroundings to reduce the impact of this disease to the furthermost way possible.
So it is very important to have proper care and precaution backup to reduce the advancing effect of this harmful virus. Some of the tips on how to avoid getting this virus are:
- No vaccine exists to prevent Zika. One could prevent it by avoiding mosquito bites.
- Use screens on windows and doors. Repair holes in screens to keep mosquitoes outside.
- Once a week, empty and scrub, turn over, cover, or throw out items that hold water, such as tires, buckets, etc.
- Treat items, such as boots, pants, socks, and tents, with permethrin or buy permethrin-treated clothing and gear.
- All travellers returning from areas with ongoing outbreaks of Zika should adopt safer carnal practices.
- Cleanliness should be the top priority.
These are some of the preventional aspects that can somehow reduce the impact and fear of getting contaminated. In this phase of livelihood, it’s better to keep precautions close to yourself than searching for it later.