As with other parts of our body, our brain also tends to get sluggish as we age. You must have noticed yourself forgetting names and other things if you are over 40. To fix this problem, you need to give your brain some Tender Loving Care just like you give TLC to your body!
In order to keep your brain healthy and alert, you should follow these tips.
- Get adequate sleep every night. Late night parties should be avoided as a rule and you should also avoid screen time late at night. It is a great idea to curl up in bed with a good book and fall asleep by 10:00 pm.
- Your diet is also very important for maintaining good brain health. Focus on eating natural unprocessed foods including whole grains and good fats.
- Get regular exercise. It is well known that there is higher incidence of Alzheimer’s in people with sedentary lifestyles.
- Surround yourself with friends and family. This helps in keeping yourself cheerful and mentally sharp.
- Give your brain plenty of exercise. Attack Sudoku and Crossword puzzles everyday, solve quizzes and other puzzles online. Work it to keep it sharp!