It is said that a healthy gut is the first step towards healthy living. In fact, we have heard our grandmothers say that all disease starts in the gut! Today, even scientists have said that the gut microbiota plays an important role in every biological process and function in the body. So for a healthy life, a healthy gut will be the first step you take!
To improve your gut health naturally, follow these steps in your daily life.
- Reduce your consumption of sugar. Sugar is known to cause an increase in harmful bacteria and fungus in your gut. You may think it a good ide to substitute sugar with artificial sweeteners. But this may prove to be otherwise. Artificial sweeteners can alter the function and composition of gut bacteria and thereby lead to glucose intolerance.
- Avoid processed foods. Processed foods are known to contain preservatives and these chemicals alter gut bacteria composition.
- Avoid indiscriminate use of antibiotics because they kill everything – good and bad. If you are prescribed antibiotics, make sure you take proper steps to restore gut bacteria after the use of antibiotics.
- Quit smoking and reduce the stress in your life. You will find yourself suffering poor gut health when you are stressed. Get rid of stress and quit smoking to improve gut health quickly.
- Consume natural probiotics like dahi. Make your own dahi and avoid the store bough curd.
- Exercise regularly!