It is a known fact that our bone density reduces as we age. The joints also lose their lubrication and become painful as we grow older. That is why most elderly people suffer from bone and joint pain. But with a good “bone healthy” diet, we can slow down this process of bone ageing and wear reduction in bone density.
The Strong Bones Diet
You can have strong and healthy bones and joints even with a vegetarian diet. Here are the things that you must include in your daily diet.
1. Milk: It is full of good things like Calcium , Vitamin D and Vitamin B12. Drink two glasses every day!
2. Cheese: Though considered calorie rich, it has all the same nutrients as milk, plus vitamins D, A, B12, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin and protein. If you are lactose intolerant, cheese is a good way to get your daily dose of Calcium.
3. Spinach: The greens are good for you as they offer good dose of Calcium along with vitamin K, fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamins A and C.
4. Curd: Fresh curds are a healthier way of getting your Calcium, vitamins D, A and B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein, along with the good gut-friendly bacteria.
5. Tofu: Tofu is rich in Calcium and isoflavones, which promote bone health.
6. Sesame Seeds: Also rich in bone-friendly nutrients like Vitamin K and D, Magnesium, Phosphororus etc.