– Are you scared of running?
– Do you think you are too unfit to run?
– Have you never ran for more than 2-3 minutes at a time?
– Do you have oodles of excess weight to lose?
If this sounds like you, this article is for you. It has been known for a long time that running is one of the best activities to indulge in if you want to lose weight. Yet it’s not a very popular activity in our country, especially amongst women. Most of us think we are too unfit to run, and we also feel a little embarassed to run with all that excess flab on us. But if you pluck a little courage and consider running for fitness, you will also have a lot of fun! Here are 4 reasons why you should:
1. Running is the most efficient calorie burning activity. The number of calories burnt per minute is the highest for running and so it’s a great way to in shape.
2. You can run any time and anywhere. It is the best activity for people who travel a lot or who work odd hours.
3. You don’t need to spend loads on money on equipment or membership fees or even videos. All you need is a pair of shoes!
4. Running is fun. There’s something called a runner’s high, and it is what keeps you going day after day!
Give yourself a chance and consider running. Don’t be demotivated by the fact that you can’t for more than a minute. Most learn-to-run programs are designed with this in mind so it’s okay to be very low on steam in the beginning! For tips on running for beginners, watch out for the second article in this series.