Heart disease is one of the biggest killers in our country. People in their 40s and older must switch to a more heart friendly diet if they want to live a long and healthy life. So today Memsaab brings you a list of the most heart frienldy foods that should be a part of your daily diet.
Heart Friendly Foods You Should Be Eating
1. Fish – because it gives you those heart friendly Omega 3 fats.
2. Nuts – because they are full of heart friendly fats and have anti-ageing properties.
3. Avocados – because they are rich in good fats and reduce LDL levels in body.
4. Oats – because they are full of fibre and regulate Cholestrol.
5. Black Beans – because they are rich in protein and fibre.
6. Flaxseeds – because these help in lowering Cholestrol levels just as well as Statins!!!
7. Green Tea – because it is very high in anti-oxidants.
8. Spinach – because it is rich in Lutein – an anti-oxidant that cleans up clogged arteries.
9. Red Wine – because it has Resvaratol, a compound that lowers LDL and improves HDL levels.
10. Watermelon – because it is high in Potassium and lowers blood pressure.