Most people put on a few kilos during the Diwali week. There are many reasons behind this festive weight gain, and eating Diwali Mithai is only one of them. We don’t realise it, but when we go shopping for the festival, we often eat out, buy drinks coz we are so tired and thirsty, or even order dinner after a long day of shopping and visiting friends. Hey, when you visit friends and relatives, don’t you also consume extra calories in the form of colas, drinks, tea, mithai, samosas, farsaan etc? Every mouthful that you eat during this week is a potential weight-gain enemy if you are not careful.
How To Avoid Weight Gain During Diwali Week
1. Never go shopping on an empty stomach. Make it a habit to shop between meals, and when you leave for your shopping trip, make sure you prepare your next meal before leaving.
2. Always carry a bottle of water when you go shopping, so that you don’t have any excuse to buy yourself a cola.
3. When you visit your friends and relatives, avoid binging on the drinks and snacks. If possible, try to ask for a simple lemonade without sugar.
4. Whatever you do, do not buy sugarfree sweets. They may not contain the calories, but they do contain aspartane and that is very harmful for your health. It is better to buy authentic sweets, and eat in a controlled way.
5. Try to fill up on fruit and snack on dry fruit or oatmeal cookies during this season. If you are never hungry, you are less likely to eat unhealthy stuff that makes you fatter.