It seems that everyone around us is trying to lose weight or maintain their weight. But the truth is that there is a large chunk of the population that struggles with being under-weight. These people are naturally slim and cannot seem to gain weight, no matter what. You might think they are in “weight” heaven, but nope! There are distinct disadvantages to being underweight.
Disadvantages of Being Naturally Thin
1. Everyone takes you to task. It is politically incorrect to mention weighty issues when talking with an overweight person. But everyone thinks it is their right and duty to ask an underweight person why they don’t eat properly.
2. People just assume you are anorexic or bulimic or on a lifelong diet. No matter how much you eat, you can’t convince people otherwise.
3. When you are pregnant, you have to work extra hard on your calorie intake to keep the scales moving.
4. You need a lot of cushioning coz you don’t have any fleshy ones! Sitting on a wooden bench, take a cushion!
5. You tend to take your health for granted. Thin people eat junk and don’t exercise, thinking that they can get away with it as they are thin.
6. Skinny people have trouble finding great looking clothes in their size. Even if you do, they just don’t look that great on you.
So as you see, being naturally skinny isn’t all that fun!