Abdominal discomfort is the most common excuse kids come up with when they want to miss school. It is also one of the most common health issues we face. This is because the abdomen is a large area and an unpleasant or painful sensation in the stomach may be caused due to various reasons. Contrary to what most of think, abdominal pain may be caused by problems besides digestive issues.
Here is a list of reasons that may be giving you that unpleasant sensation in your belly.
1. Gas and bloating or indigestion. Besides these constipation can also be a problem.
2. Damage to appendix, gall bladder or the spleen.A ruptured appendix makes the whole abdomen rigid and causes sharp intense pains. Damaged gall bladder or spleen will make the abdomen tender to touch.
3. Gall stone and kidney stones. When caused due to stones, the pain comes and goes in cyclical waves.
4. In women, abdominal pains may be related to health of reproductive organs. Menstrual cramps, pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis are common causes for adominal discomfort in women.
5. Abdominal pain may also be caused due to cancer, skin damage or urinary problems.
If you experience pain tha worsens with time, is accompanied by fever or vomiting, bloody stools or unexplained weight loss, you should seek medical help immediately.