Referigerators have increased the life of our food. We buy groceries and pile them up in our fridge. This is so convenient because our fruit stays fresh, our vegetables do not rot and even our dairy remains nice and fresh for a few days. But did you know that not everything can be referigerated?
Here is a list of food items that should not be put in the fridge!
1. Bananas. If you have kept bananas in the fridge, you must have witnessed how the peel turns black within a day. Bananas are not meant to be kept in a cold environment so avoid this.
2. Onions. Onions do not need to be kept in the fridge to keep fresh. In fact the cool temperature will damage them, so keep them in a basket in the kitchen.
3. Bread. Your bread will remain fresh in the room temperature. Keeping it in the fridge will make it stale and hard quicker than it would otherwise.
4. Honey. Pure honey will crystallize when kept in the fridge. So keep it in the kitchen cupboard to keep it fresh.
5. Peanut Butter. If you love peanut butter toast, make sure you keep yours in the pantry. If you put it in the fridge, it will become too hard to be spread on your toast! What’s more, it does not spoil at room temperature!