The way your hair looks can make or ruin your appearance completely. Your hairstyle has to be perfect for you to look your best. But when you are working all day, traveling miles in direct sunlight, dusting cleaning, doing hundred other things, you neither get the time for any hair care, nor is it possible for you to keep your hair protected all the time. Of course your parlour has solutions for everything but do you have the time to get hair treatments every now and then? Besides, it costs!
Nature has given you so much variety that can be used at your convenience to take care of your beauty and health. I came across a few natural hair care secrets that are very handy, can be availed of at home and will give you hair that you always dreamt of flaunting!
• Massage the scalp with pure coconut oil. This will also help in the growth of hair.
• Apply coconut oil, which has been boiled with small onions. Wash it off with a mixture of green gram powder and water drained from boiled rice.
• Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice on the scalp.
• Apply the warm mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and coconut oil. Do a steam-towel- wrap for 15 minutes and then wash with shampoo.
• Apply a paste of fenugreek and mustard to the scalp.
• Mix Shikakai powder in water, drained from the boiled rice, and wash the hair with it.
• Crush the leaves of five-petal hibiscus flower and take the juice. Wash the hair with this juice.
• Heat the oil with a little camphor (kapur). Apply the oil in the scalp and massage for 10 minutes. After 30 minutes wash the hair with a herbal shampoo. Do the steam-towel-wrap for 15 minutes.
Hair Loss Solutions
• It is better to apply castor oil for a healthy growth of hair.
• Wash hair with tea once a week.
• Soak a handful of gooseberry in a cup of milk for two hours. Make it as a paste and apply in the hair.
• Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoons of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair. Wash it after 15 minutes.
• Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Let it soak. Cover your head with a hot towel and wash your hair after an hour or so.
• Boil a few hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Filter and use this hair oil to control hair loss and thinning.
• Do a ‘steam-towel-wrap’ once in a while, if your cuticles are damaged, as this steaming opens out the pores and absorbs the oil.
• Deep condition with curd, beer and egg. Egg white and curd is a very good conditioner for hair.
• Mix a little vinegar in warm water and rinse your hair with this solution. This will add bounce to dull and lifeless hair.
• Add a lemon peel to a shikakai and amla mixture while washing your hair.
• Take a little Mehandi, an egg, juice of half a lemon, one tablespoon of instant coffee powder. Mix it together and apply on your hair. Wash it after 45 minutes.
• Boil one cup of dried gooseberry with 4 cups of water. Add a pinch of sugar in it. Keep boiling till the quantity of the liquid reduces to one cup. Mix 2 cups of Mehendi, an egg, juice of a lemon and the gooseberry solution and apply on hair. Wash the hair after two hours.
None of these solutions are cosmetic. They might not bring about instant change in your hair, but regular use of these natural solutions will keep you hair healthy and shinny for years to come!