Your face is your first introduction to the world. Naturally, you want it to be spotless. But with time and age, almost everyone develops unsightly spots and blemishes on the face. If you are prone to acne, the spots and blemishes can be crippling. So Memsaab has compiled a list of things that can be done to get rid of these blemishes and spots.
1. Lemon is the King. Lemon juice is a boon for most skin problems. You can rub a piece o f lemon directly on your skin, or mix the juice in your favorite pack to get the benefits of lime juice. Leave the lemon juice on your face for at least 10 minutes before washing it off. Use daily for 20 days and you will see a marked difference.
2. Home-made Face Pack. This is the easiest and most effective face pack that can be made ith common ingredients found in every Indian kitchen. Make a paste out of Besan, Haldi, Curd and lemon juice. Apply it on your face and neck and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Use everyday and great results will follow.
3. Use Potato to Bleach. Potatoes have a bleaching effect that you can benefit from without using any chemicals. Grate 2 potatoes. Wrap in a cloth and squeeze out all juice. Now add a little lemon juice and honey to this. Apply all over your face and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off.
4. Drink lots of water to keep your skin fresh, supple, hydrated and toxin-free.
5. Raid your Kitchen. Make any face pack and bring variety by trying fifferent ingredients found in your kitchen. All these ingredients have a freshning and scare reducing effect on your skin. Try lemons, curds, honey, oranges, haldi, besan, rosewater, potatoes, tomatoes, almonds, sandalwood powder and fresh papaya.
6. Wash Softly. Wash your face at least twice a day with cold water. Avoid all soaps. Use a mild cleanser if need be. Avoid excessive rubbing and exfoliating.
7. Add Moisture, Avoid Oil. If buying a moisturiser, avoid a greasy one. Use a water based moisture.
8. If nothing else works, go for laser treatment to get rid of the big and dark spots.
9. Use a concealer to hide uneven skin tone and unsightly scares. Make sure you buy a good quality one.
10 Use anti-ageing creams containing Hydroxy acid and Peptides. These chemicals have been clinically proven to assist with spots and blemishes.