Fashion tips by British designer Giles Deacon are basic guiding principles to remember whenever you go shopping. If you stick with these rules, you will never need a styler to work out your outfits for you. Just a little planning and care when you are renewing or adding to your wardrobe, can take up your style quotient! Here’s what Giles suggests:
1. Experiment. You are never too old to experiment with your look. You can develop your own unique style only by trying out new things and not just following the current trends.
2. Use Black and White. Whether used seperately or worn together, these two colours can give you a chic and trendy look anywhere and they work for all skin colours and body shapes!
3. Don’t forget the Classic. Every wardrobe should have a few classic outfits. A little black dress is one of those must haves. Another is the classic blue jeans and white shirt combo.
4. Work on Variety. Don’t stick with just one or two colours and textures. Try to have a wide variety of textures, colours, prints and styles in your wardrobe.
5. Shoes gotta be Comfy. You may have your eye on sexy stilettoes but if you are not comfortable in them, it is not worth killing your feet for the look. Always buy shoes that feel comfortable and are the right size for you.
6. Know your personality. If you are a timid and shy person, a wild wardrobe won’t work for you. Dress according to your personality.
7. Don’t be afraid. We are all afraid of making mistakes with how we dress and look. But remember that the fashion police have often trashed the look of biggest celebrities on the planet. So it is fine to make mistakes and learn from them. It is much better than never trying anything new!