Yesterday, Cyrus Mistry was announced to be Ratan Tata’s successor as chairman of Tata Sons when he retires in December 2012.
Who is this Cyrus Mistry and how much we know about him?
– Age 46 yrs, Married Irish National
– Family Member: Wife Rohika Chagla (Daughter of lawyer Iqbal Chagla) and 2 School going Sons
– Civil engineering graduate from Imperial College of London and Master of Science in Management from the London Business School
– soft-spoken, candid and down to earth.
– An avid golfer and a vivid reader
– Youngest son of construction baron Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry who is the largest shareholder of Tata Sons with more than 18%.
– Trustee of the Breach Candy Hospital trust.
– Achievement: Took charge of loss-making Afcons Infrastructure in 2000 and Turned around the company to make a total income of Rs 2,893 crore with a growth rate of 21% for last 5 years.
– Has been on the board of Tata Sons since August 2006
– Current Job: Managing Director of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group
– New Job: Deputy Chairman Tata Sons and to Lead Tata Sons when Mr Ratan Tata retires in Dec 2012.
Congratulations to Mr Cyrus Mistry!!!