It is Diwali time and there must be quite a few of us out there who are clueless about performing the Diwali Puja on their own! Though most people are with there parents and families there are many young couples and singles celebrating Diwali on their own this year. The Diwali Puja may seem like a big deal, but it’s really quite simple once you get the hang of it. It is like any other Puja so if you are religious it should not be difficult to pick up.
How to Perform Diwali Puja at Home –
1. Start by cleaning and decorating your house. Flower decorations are the best choice.
2. Make an elevated platform in the east direction of your house. Cover with a bright red cloth and place the Lakshmi-Ganesh idols and Diwali hut on this platform. Place fresh flowers at the feet of each idol.
3. Wash and spread out all your valuable coins in a plate. Apply the tilak to the coins and to the idols. Now place a bit of Jalebi on each coin.
4. Place a lighted diya in the hut and light incense sticks. Place another Diya in the Puja ki thaali after you make a Ganesha on it.
5. Now sing aloud the Aartis of your beloved dieties like Ganeshaji, Lakshmiji, Ramji, Shivji etc.
6. Now the Puja is done. End with distribution of sweets and Prasad. This done, now you are all set to enjoy the sweets and burst the crackers. Happy Diwali!