I am one of those people who hate eggs. I can’t stand the smell of it. But since I do not eat poultry, fish or meat, I want to get my share of protein through eggs. So I am trying to learn new ways of incorporating eggs in my diet, without having to compromise much on taste or odor. Here’s the first recipe in this series.
Broccoli Stuffed Crepes
This is basically just like a dosa made from eggs and stuffed with healthy vegetables.
1/2 cup Maida
2 cups Milk
1 cup Broccoli, blanched
1 cup Sweet corn kernels, blanched
1 Onion, sliced
Salt & Spices to taste
1. Blend the eggs, flour and milk in a blender. Add a little salt and spices to the batter. Refrigerate for an hour before use.
2. Heat a pan. Spray a little olive oil on it. Pour 1/4 cup pf the batter in and spread it around by turning the pan in all directions. Let the batter cook on slow heat. After 2 minutes, scrape a little side off and see if the crepe has started to brown. If yes, turn it over and let the other side cook for 2 minutes.
3. Prepare all your crepes in this way and place them on butter paper.
4. Prepare your filling by lightly sauteeing all the vegetables in a wok and adding salt/spices to the mixture.
5. Now prepare your stuffed crepes by placing a little portion of this filling in each crepe. Top it with 2 spoons of grated cheese before you seal the crepe.
6. Bake all the crepes in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve with tangy mint chutney.