Everybody loves pizza. So if you have kids at home, it makes a lot of sense to learn to make fresh pizza at home. One way is to buy the pizza base and dress it with cheese/toppings and cook it. But a far better way to make the perfect pizza is to start from scratch!
- Take 2 cups of flour/maida. Add in a cup of regular atta. You can use any ratio of maida/atta or even make your dough 100% wholewheat atta.
- In a large mixing bowl, drop a spoonful of yeast into 2 tbsp lukewarm water. Add in a teaspoon of sugar. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Now add in the flour/atta mix. Add salt to taste, 1/ tsp of baking powder 2 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 cup milk. Start kneading this mix. When you need to add in some moisture, add some sprite or 7 Up. Do not use water. Knead to a smooth consistency and place the dough in a large metal bowl. Cover with a damp cloth or clingfilm.
- Place the bowl of dough in a preheated oven. The oven should just be slightly warm, it should not be turned on while the dough is in the oven. We just want to use a warm oven to make the dough rise. If it is a hot sunny day, you could use the sun’s warmth to get the same result.
- Your dough will be ready after 6 hours. It would have risen to twice its size.
- For best results, refrigerate the dough overnight and use it after one day.
- Enjoy your pizza and the compliments!