If you are trying to eat healthy, the first rule is to ditch all fried snacks. Does this mean you cannot enjoy crispy spicy snacks any more? Certainly not! Try this baked potato wedges recipe, for example. You will love this more than any bag of potato fries served at McDonalds!
Crispy and Spicy Baked Potato Wedges
Make this simple recipe with very simple ingredients – Potatoes, olive oil, salt, herbs, pepper and chilli flakes. A cheese topping is optional.
Method: If you want your potato wedges to turn out crispy, you will need to follow all these steps carefully.
– Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into thick wedges. If you like crispy skin, you may omit the peeling.
– Soak the wedges in cold water for 40 minutes. This will remove most of the starch and is essential if you want the wedges to be crispy.
– Now dry the wedges completely on paper towels. Any moisture on the potatoes will make them steam instead of baking crisply.
– In a bowl, mix the potato wedges with all other ingredients except cheese. You may even add some thickly chopped onions if you like baked onions.
– Now place all the wedges on a baking tray and place in a pre-heated oven. Cook them at 450 degrees for 40 minutes. You may cover the tray with foil for the first 20 minutes if you want them to turn out soft in the centres.
– If you want to add the cheese topping, sprinkle mozarella all over the wedges after 30 minutes of cooking.