There is no way on earth to make cocktails good for your health. There, we said it! So alcoholic concoctions always come with an unsaid warning about the effect on your liver, heart, waist, and general health. But if one enjoys alcohol, health does not seem to be important enough to stop drinking. Hoever, if you enjoy the ocassional drink, we can tell you how to make it less unhealthy for you.
How to Make Your Cocktails Less Unhealthy?
1. Always choose a lighter colored alcohol. Dark alcohols contain congeners, which is a toxic compound formed during fermentation. It is responsible for those pesky hangovers too! Go for spirits like gin or vodka, which are lighter and better.
2. Use fresh fruit juices instead of canned juices which are overflowing with sugar.
3. If making a creamy drink, go for fat free milk or low fat cream instead of full fat varieties.
4. Use a lot of fruit to garnish. This helps in filling you up and also provides a natural kick of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
5. Avoid sugar syrup or any other flavoured syrup as it is nothing but heaps of sugar.
6. Use club soda instead of sweetened soda.
7. Avoid fried munchies. Go for roasted nuts or low fat cheese or salads instead.
8. Whatever you do, don’t binge on the drinking. Keep your intake moderate.