Have you ever tried to bake a cake that resulted in a mess? Too often new bakers find baking so demotivating that they just give up. The cakes sometimes turn out too dry, sometimes they are too damp to even rise, sometimes they burn and sometimes they don’t cook through. This is why baking is called an art!
Here are some tips on how to bake perfect cakes every time!
1. Use all purpose flour if you are looking for a cake that turns out light and spongy. Any other flour will make the cake dense.
2. Always throw away baking powder and baking soda when they get a little old. Fresh ingredients result in the best raising properties!
3. Use fresh fruit for perfect flavour. Avoid over-ripened fruit.
4. Do not guessesitimate! Use measuring spoons, cups and scales to measure ingredients perfectly.
5. Mix the batter well. This comes with experience. Neither do you want a batter that is not mixed well enough, nor do you want a batter that has been beaten too much!
6. Lastly, be very careful about baking in the oven. The oven should be pre-heated and you should be precise with your cake’s time in oven. Finally, give your cake time to cool down on a cooling rack.