There was a time not very long ago when every little girl was trained to cook from an early age. The common logic given to little girls was that they had to impress their in laws with their cooking skills, else the parents would be blamed for marrying off skill-less girls. Things have changed today in the urban India. Most people want to focus on educating their daughters and making them self sufficient. So naturally, young women today are not as adept at cooking as their moms were.
But irrespective of whether you are a young woman or a young man, it is important to know how to cook. Cooking is in fact one of the most important life skills that everyone must have in the modern world. Here are top 5 reasons why you must learn to cook asap.
5 Reasons Why You Must Learn To Cook
1. Saves Money: Cooking yourself at home is the cheapest way to satisfy your and your family’s hunger. Considering the high rates of inflation in our country, this is a pretty big reason you should learn to cook!
2. Eat Healthy: If you cook your own food, you can make it as healthy as you want by using the best ingredients and very little oil. You are in complete control of what goes into your belly, and it’s a healthy practce!
3. Lifestyle Requirement: In the modern world, most people are afflicted with some lifestyle disease or other. Diabetes, hypertension, Heart Disease, PCOD, Obesity etc are a few of the diseases which require lifestyle changes. If you have one of these problems, you are better off cooking your own food. It is certainly better than depending on someone else to take care of your dietary requirements and adjusting your taste buds according to his/her skills.
4. Cooking is a Stress Buster: After a long day at work, cooking is the perfect way to unwind and relax.
5. Cooking Brings People Closer To You: Whoever said that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, did not lie. People around you certainly appreciate it when you cook for them. You become well known amongst your friends for your cookery skills, and this even makes you a little party star!