Methi is an essential part of the Indian kitchen. We love to use fresh methi leaves, dried methi leaves and even the seeds in various ways. But often we hear people say that they do not like methi. They find the taste to be a little too pungent or even bitter. But the truth is that methi is not only very flavourful but also very good for your health. Here are a few health benefits of consuming Methi.
- Methi is known to increase the production of milk in new mothers.
- Methi is known to help in regulating blood sugar.
- Methi is also associated with reducing bad cholestrol in the blood.
- Methi contains antioxidants and helps in reducing inflammation.
- Consumption of methi is also known to help in reducing menstrual cramps.
- Drinking methi seeds water every morning has been seen to have great effects on the kin, making it clear and glowing. It helps in preventing acne also!
- Methi is a great ally if you are trying to lose weight or manage your Diabetes.
Methi is also very versatile. You can make rotis, raita, sabzi or even add dried leaves to any curry and enjoy the flavour! So go Methi this season...