In this time of pandemic, we are supposed to wear face mask without any negligence. Also, it is significant that we wear the face mask properly. The recent trends shows that, people wearing surgical face masks pulled down under their noses, touching their face masks or dropping used face masks in public trash cans.
There's a right way and ample of wrong ways to use face masks to help fight the spread of coronavirus. And a lot of people are on the wrong track.
A face mask is effective only when you use it in the right way. Below we have jotted the ways of wearing a face mask, as shared by the WHO:
1. Clean your hands thoroughly before stirring the mask. Wash them with soap and water for 20 seconds.
2. Inspect the mask for damage or see if it’s dirty. The mask should not be damp and properly washed before you wear it.
3. Identify the inner side and upper part of the mask. Do not wear the mask inside out or upside down.
4. The mask should cover your nose, mouth and chin properly. It should neither be too tight nor too loose. Adjust the mask to your face and do not leave gaps on the sides.
5. Do not pull down the mask away towards your chin and keep your nose and mouth exposed.
6. Clean your hands before wearing the mask and after you take it off.
7. Do not touch the outside surface of the mask. It has to be considered possibly contaminated once you have stepped out wearing it.
Wear your face mask without any misses and follow the above process and guidelines.