As people age, they develop a variety of health issues and Arthritis is the most ommon one. In fact, it is considered normal to develop joint pain and inflammation after you turn 60. But is it really so normal? The truth is that life does not have to become debilitating at 60. You can age gracefully and actively well past your sixties. With the right kind of diet and exercise, you can prevent joint pain and inflammation.
Here is a list of food items that help in reducing the inflammation of joints and manage Arthritis.
- Fatty fish contain high levels of Omega 3 fatty acids, that help in reducing inflammation. If you do not eat fish, you can consider taking Omega 3 supplements.
- Garlic and Ginger are also beneficial in reducing inflammation. Garlic is considered very useful in reducing cholestrol and fighting cancer, but it can also help in dealing with Arthritis. Ginger is also known to block production of susbtances that create inflammation.
- Cruciferous vegetables like Broccoli are considered to be very good for health. Broccoli is also known to reduce inflammation in the body and help with reducing pain.
- Berries are known to provide high doses of antioxidants and also reduce inflammation. So try to include as many strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc in your diet as possible!
- Walnuts are also very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and are useful in managing Arthritis.