The raw food diet is a very popular diet amongst heath enthusiasts. While it is immensly difficult to give up all our favorite traditional foods and follow raw food diet, it is certainly possible to include some elements of it in our daily diet.
You can gain benefits of the raw food diet simply by including more raw food items in your daily diet. If you are like most Indian folks, the only raw foods in your diet currently are cucumbers, onions and seasonal fruit. But there is a lot more that you can easily incorporate into your daily diet and reap the benefits!
The benefits of eating raw foods are:
- You eat less processed foods if there is more raw food content in your daily diet.
- Raw food items retain all Vitamins and minerals, cooking destroys many of these nutrients to a large extent.
- Raw food are low in calories and high in fibre - perfect recipe for weight loss!
- Eating raw foods gives a youthful clearer skin.
- Eating more raw food and less processed food is also beneficial for your gut and digestion.
If you are convinced, start by simple including raw vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, turnips, radishes and tomatoes in your diet. You can also include bell peppers and lettuce/cabbage in your salads. Try to include more kinds of fruit in your diet as well. The more the merrier!
The next step is to incorporate some proteins like sprouted legumes and beans. You can aslo include raw eggs if you are comfortable with this. Slowly you will find yourself enjoying the raw foods more than the cooked version! Happy munching...