As a child you were probably introduced to Lauki in various ways. Because children do not usually relish lauki ki sabzi, moms try to stir up more interesting recipes for their children. Lauki ka halwa is quite popular, and so is lauki ke kofte! But if you talk about health benefits of lauki, we need to keep these high calorie dishes aside and view lauki as the simple but nutritious vegetable that it is! Here are a few benefits of consuming lauki regularly.
- Dieter's best friend. Lauki is extremely low in calories and has no fat content. This makes it an idel vegetable for consumption if you are trying to lose weight.
- High water content. Drinking a glass of lauki juice on hot summer days will not only quench your thirst, it will also replenish your body with nutrients and water, and keep it cool.
- Low Carb content. Lauki is popular as a low Glycemic Index food and has very low carb content. This makes it a popular food for Diabetics and other people who are trying to avoid carbs.
- Helps Acidity. If you suffer from acidity, you should include more lauki in your diet as it is alkaline in nature.
- Low in Sodium. This quality makes it a favorite for people who have Hypertension.
- Versatile. This means you can use lauki in a variety of dishes like soups, vegetables, dals, rotis, chillas, raita, and even pasta sauce!
So enjoy lauki and you get to enjoy all the health benefits it brings!