Governments world over are advising people to self-isolate and practise social distancing due to the ongoing Corona Virus pandemic. A big part of this social distancing is the option to work from home. People are being advised to work from home as much as possible. It is possible for a lot of people to work from home because the whole world is so connected now!
Is Your Home Equipped to Be Used as a Home Office?
To start working remotely, you need to have a complete set of accesability strategies. Since most work is done on computers and internet, technology is all you need to set up a home office. Here is a list of things you must have before you say yes to working from home.
- Dependable and fast connectivity. You need an internet package that has no data limits.
- Computer, preferably a desktop.
- Printer and scanner.
- A phone line; fax line is not really necessary.
- A Headset, it will come in handy for those Skype meetings.
- A well lit corner in a room with a proper desk and chair for you to work from.
With these few items, you can start your home office right away!