Whether you eat beets raw or whether you eat them cooked, whether you add them to your soups or whether you juice them up - consuming beets is great for you! This wonderful root vegetable is not just very pretty in color, it has amazing health benefits for you and your family. Here are a few:
5 Benefits of Eating Beet Roots
1. Controlling High BP - Beets are known to help in reducing blood pressure. This makes them a friend if you are concerned about cardiovascular health. This reduction in BP is temporary and is caused due to the presence of Nitrates in beets. To see a long-term effect on BP, eat beets regularly.
2. High in Fiber - One cup of beets contains 3.5 grams of fiber. This makes beets great for your digestive health, especially if you suffer from constipation.
3. Fights Cancer - Beets are known as a super food that help in guarding against cancers. This is because beets are very high in anti-inflammatory properties and also high in antioxidants.
4. Good for Weight Loss - Beets are very low in calories, high in fiber and water content and also contain moderate amounts of protein. This makes beet a good vegetable to much on if you are trying to lose weight.
5. Good for the Eyes - Beets contain high amounts of Lutein, an antioxidant that helps in maintaing healthy eyes. This antioxidant guards against macular degeneration and catarct formation.
With so many benefits, beets should definitely be a part of your daily diet!