Our parents used to eat a lot more soup than we do. Our generation believes more in eating pizza and pasta, the easy comfort food. But did you know that soup is considered one of the most versatile and nutritious foods? What's more, it can even be made tasty! If you are still not convinced, here's 5 reasons to change your mind.
5 Reasons to Eat More Soup
1. Soup is very healthy. It is the best way to include healthy vegetables in your diet. If there are any vegetables you do not like, just soup them away with other veggies and you won't mind the taste any more.
2. It is a dieter's best friend. You can easily fill up your belly without piling on too many calories. Soup is low in fat, sugar and sodium.
3. Hot soup is a great comfort food on a cold day, it warms up your body and soothes a sore throat.
4. Being liquid, it is very easily digested. This makes soup a great comfort food for all ages, especially the elderly.
5. Soup is very easy and quick to cook. It is also an inexpensive meal. It can be made out of any leftover veggies in your fridge. Include chicken or tofu for a dash of protein!