Cucumbers have been a staple salad item in our country for many decades. No matter what age you are, what you weight or body type might be, cucumbers are a food item that everyone loves...once they try! If you have not yet fallen in love with cucumbers, here are 5 motivations for you to try...
Benefits of Cucumbers
1. Dieter's best friend - Cucumber is said to be a negative calorie food, it takes more energy to burn it down in your body than the calories this food has! Eat as much as you can.
2. Cool and Hydrating - Cucumbers are a great food item to enjoy in the summers because of high water content.
3. Versatile - Cucumbers are not just salad. You can turn them into a soup, a raita, or even a sandwich!
4. Nutritious - Cucumbers are high in anti-oxidant content and also high in fibre. So they improve your immunity and also help with stomach problems.
5. Friend for Diabetics - Regular consumption is linked with lower blood sugar. They help in weight loss and also in maintaining blood sugar levels.
With so many benefits, cucumbers are certainly great!