We have heard so much about the popular Keto diet that now it seems like a magic cure for fat! Can you simply lose weight by going Keto? Does it work for everyone?
The answer is no. There are many factors that influence your journey to weight loss. So no two journeys are exactly the same, the results cannot be same either! You may be eating Keto way for a month, yet you may see no result. While your friend might lose a kilo every week with the Keto diet.
Here are a few reasons why the Keto diet may not work.
1. If you eat too many calories. Even though you are supposed to get 70% of your calories from fat, you still need to watch the total calories you consume. With a high fat diet, calories add up quickly!
2. You are not eating enough protein.
3. Your diet lacks fibre. By restricting carbs, your diet begins to falter in fibre content and this can be a big imediment to weight loss.
4. You are eating too much and too often. For best results, treat Keto as a diet and combine it with intermittent fasting or at least going without food for a few hours every day.
5. You need some exercise or activity! You cannot be a couch potato and expect to lose weight with Keto.