Jalebi is one such sweet item that is consumed by maximum people in India. Well, to enjoy this sweet dish at your convenience, I have mentioned some steps and details to make Jalebis at home.
FOR JALEBI BATTER:
- ½ cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1 tsp corn flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp yogurt / curd
- 5 tbsp water, or as required
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder / haldi / yellow food color, optional
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp saffron strands / kesar, optional
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, mix maida, corn flour and curd.
- Then add half tsp vinegar and water.
- Mix well in round circular directions for 4 minutes.
- Now add baking soda and give a gentle mix.
- Once done pour the above made batter in the tomato ketchup bottles carefully.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Squeeze the bottle and make round spirals with the batter.
- When one side is partly cooked, turn over and fry the other side.
- Fry till the jalebis are a light golden.
- Then immediately drop the fried jalebis in the warm sugar syrup for 30 seconds (1 string consistency).
- Finally, serve jalebis hot, warm or at room temperature.
Now you can enjoy Jalebi at your home.