It is not possible to imagine Indian food without onions. Even a plate of bland khichdi can be turned up a notch just by adding a few slices of raw onions smothered in lemon juice! But elevating the taste of our food is not the only benefit of eating onions. Here are a few more that you probably are not aware of...
- Regular consumption of onions guards against many different types of cancers.
- Onions are said to improve bone density, especially amongst older women.
- Eating onions is said to lower the level of blood sugar in the body.
- Onions are even said to combat the harmful effects of heat in the summer.
- Onion based hair masks help in dealing with hair loss.
With so many benefits of onions, who cares if we get a bit of stinky mouth after chomping on some onions? Just pop a breath-freshner, girl!