Swimming is one such activity that everyone should learn irrespective of age. There are several reasons why one should learn swimming and here below we have listed the 5 major reasons for the same.
1. To Be Safer in the Water: It is very important that you safeguard yourself to be safer in the water by learning how to swim. Frolicking around in the water is a big responsibility. According to a recent report, every day, about ten people die from unintentional drowning.
2. To Help Prevent Drowning: It’s important for children to know how to swim so they are ready to help themselves in case they unintentionally fall into water or find themselves in trouble in the water.
3. To Have Fun: Swimming is an enjoyable activity that can be done at any age. When your kids have learned to swim, you’ll be self-assured to allow them to play in the water with their friends and celebrate that youthful freedom.
4. To Be Healthy: Swimming is a great way to keep your heart and body healthy. Swimming certainly provides unexpected results health-wise that includes muscle strength, coordination, and aerobic fitness.
5. To Learn a Lifelong Skill: No matter what age, swimming is a skill you will always use. If you don’t learn how to swim at a young age, there may not be a good opportunity to learn later. Learning to swim now allows you to have a lifelong skill.
So, the above pointers completely validates why one should learn swimming.