The internet has completely changed our lives. In fact, our children cannot begin to imagine what life was before the internet! There are many good and bad effects of living the connected life. One example is social media. On one hand, it connects us with our loved ones and also connects people all over the world. But on the other hand, it ties you to your phone. It makes you addicted and you are never able to let go!
Are You Addicted to Social Media?
Yes, you are if...
- You feel a compulsion to check your phone every 20-30 minutes.
- You ignore important tasks at work to check your social media.
- You lie awake in bed every night, surfing social media for over an hour!
- You find your phone more interesting than TV or even conversation with family.
- Your partner/family complain about your addiction to your phone.
- If you do not get a good number of likes on your post, you get depressed.
- You often get into fights on social media and this affects your mood even when you are not online anymore.
- You don't have time to meet real friends, you spend more time with friends on social media.
If you find these to be true, you are definitely addicted to social media and this should be taken seriously!