Meera wakes up in the middle of every night and finds it difficult to fall asleep again till the early hours of morning. This leaves her feeling tired and not rested when it is time to wake up and face the day. As a result, she feels sleepy throughout the day! She tries hard to sleep peacefully through the night but wakes up between 1 and 3 almost every night.
How can Meera fix this problem?
Proper sleep is essential for the normal functioning of our body and brain. We all need 8-10 hours of restful sleep to unwind and recharge for the next day. Here are a few ways you can avoid waking up in the middle of night.
1. Avoid going to bed too early. If you sleep at 8 pm, it is very likely that you will wake up around 3 in the night.
2. Avoid drinking too many fluids after 6 in the evening. If you drink too much water, juice or other beverages, you will feel the urge to urinate a few times during the night.
3. Avoid caffeine in the evening. Too much tea or coffee also affects your sleeping pattern.
4. If you snore so much that it wakes you up, you should see a doctor and seek help for sleep apnea.
5. Too much screen time at night also affects sleep and makes it poor.
6. Overeating or being too hungry - both can make you lose sleep! Try to get your dinner finished by 7 and eat no more.
With these tips, you should be able to enjoy a more restful sleep every night!