Many women complain that they are so hard pressed for time that they begin to start ignoring their own health. Even though they spend time in the kitchen every morning, preparing breakfast and lunch for everyone, when short of time - they will tick their own lunch off the list! Somehow it is easiest to ignore themselves, while fulfilling all their other obligations.
Today we bring you a list of healthy lunch ideas that can be prepared in advance, so that you don't have to eat bread pakoras or samosas for lunch!
Healthy Lunch Ideas for Working Moms
1. Pasta Salad - You can boil the pasta and store in fridge the night before. Chopping your salad and assembling in the morning will not take more than 10 minutes!
2. Peas Pulav - The good thing about this is that if you cook up a pot of pulav in the morning, you can pack it up for everyone's tiffin! Even children enjoy peas pulav for lunch at school.
3. Sandwiches - When really short on time, assemble a quick sandwich for your lunch. Use brown bread and a lot of vegetables to make your sandwich healthier.
4. Methi Thepla and Chutney - Methi theplas can be made the night before and packed for lunches!
5. Boiled rice with chicken or paneer curry - You can prepare the night before and enjoy this yummy food at work!
6. Use Leftovers - If you want, you can make inetersting packed lunches out of the leftovers in your fridge!