Who doesn't love gajar ka halwa in the winters?
But did you know that you can make fresh and hygienic carrot halwa at home? What's more, you can make it much cheaper than what you would pay at a mithai shop!
Gajar ka Halwa Recipe
Ingredients: 1kg red carrots, 1.5 litre milk, 1 cup ghee, 1 cup sugar and mixed nuts/raisins
- Start by peeling and grating carrots.
- Now cook these carrots in a thick bottomed pan along with the milk. Cook it for 30-40 minutes or till the milk dries up completely.
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add in the carrot-milk mix.
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes. Now add in the sugar.
- Within 3-4 minutes the halwa will becomes darker in colour. Turn off the heat. Add in chopped nuts and raisins.
- Enjoy while warm!