Heart disease is one of the biggest killers in our country. People in their 40s and older must switch to a more heart friendly diet if they want to live a long and healthy life. So today Memsaab brings you a list of the most heart frienldy foods that should be a part of your daily diet.
Heart Friendly Foods You Should Be Eating
1. Fish - because it gives you those heart friendly Omega 3 fats.
2. Nuts - because they are full of heart friendly fats and have anti-ageing properties.
3. Avocados - because they are rich in good fats and reduce LDL levels in body.
4. Oats - because they are full of fibre and regulate Cholestrol.
5. Black Beans - because they are rich in protein and fibre.
6. Flaxseeds - because these help in lowering Cholestrol levels just as well as Statins!!!
7. Green Tea - because it is very high in anti-oxidants.
8. Spinach - because it is rich in Lutein - an anti-oxidant that cleans up clogged arteries.
9. Red Wine - because it has Resvaratol, a compound that lowers LDL and improves HDL levels.
10. Watermelon - because it is high in Potassium and lowers blood pressure.