Are you looking for some healthy snack? Well, the best that we can suggest you is to have ‘Baked Falafel’. Add a healthy twist to your favorite with this easy recipe for Crispy Homemade Baked Falafel.
Ingredients required for preparing ‘Baked Falafel’:
- 1 cup dried/uncooked chickpeas (See Kelly’s Notes)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Put the chickpeas in a big bowl and cover them with 4 inches of water.
- Set the chickpeas aside to marinade overnight for a minimum of 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Drain the chickpeas and add them to a food processor along with the parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, baking powder and lemon juice.
- Process the mixture until the ingredients are pounded but not smashed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Taste and season the mixture with more salt, as desired.
- Preheat the kiln to 375°F and blubber a baking sheet with half of the olive oil.
- Squash the falafel mixture into 1.5-inch balls then compress them slightly so they are the shape of patties.
- Arrange the falafel on the greased baking sheet and brush the tops of them with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake the falafel for 15 minutes and serve it in a pita bread with tahini sauce and veggies.
You healthy falafel is ready to be served.