As veganism is rising in the West, India still remains the country with largest population of vegetarians. This is why we bring you a vegan/vegetarian take on a very popular recipe from Italy - Spaghetti with Meatballs. This recipe is so good that you will definitely not find anything wrong with our meatless meatballs!
Spaghetti With Vegan Meatballs Recipe
Ingredients: Spaghetti - cooked al dante, tomato paste or store bought pasta sauce, quinoa, boiled black beans, onions, garlic, herbs and seasonings of choice, oil.
1. Start by baking or roasting your boiled black beans on a stove. Our aim is to dry them out completely so that our meatless balls do not turn out soggy or break while cooking.
2. Cook quinoa in a pot while you are cooking the black beans.
3. When both quinoa and beans are cooked and have cooled down, put them in a mixer-grinder. Add choped garlic, onions and herbs of choice. Grind together into a dry mush.
4. Now start cooking your spaghetti on the stove. Boil it with salt, oil and herbs. Do not over cook.
5. Form the balls from the dry mushy mix. We do not need to deep fry the balls, unless you want to. These can be shallow fried in a kadahi or even baked in oven.
6. If you do not have pasta sauce, make it now by cooking tomato paste, onion and garlic paste with butter. Add in basil or other herbs of choice along with salt and seasonings.
7. It is now time to combine the dish. In a plate, serve hot spaghetti. Pour a generous serving of pasta sauce on top, place a few balls on the top, and again a little pasta sauce.