Rotis or chapatis are a staple in many parts of India. In fact, it is second only to rice in popularity. In North India, especially, people love rotis as their loved comfort food. Yet sometimes our rotis don't turn out as soft and yummy as we would like them to be.
So here are tips on how to make soft and healthy rotis every time.
1. Start with a good quality atta. Choose a good brand or have your own wheat ground into atta. It is important that the atta should not be too refined.
2. When kneading the dough, add a spoonful of oil when you are almost finished kneading. Then knead some more.
3. For extra soft rotis, knead the dough with milk.
4. After kneading the dough, cover it with a damp cloth and leave to rest for 30-40 minutes.
5. Now make your rotis. Make sure the stove is not turned on too low or too high heat.
If you followed these tips, your rotis should turn out soft and tasty every time!