If you are sick and tired of watching Ekta Kapoor's dimwit shows on television, it is time you crossed borders in your quest for sensible entertainment! Did you know that many countries other than USA have far better content on their televisions? Take Pakistan for example - they have such good TV serials - called Dramas in their country. The best thing about their TV shows is that we understand their language and culture, so their TV shows do not seem too foreign. Here is a list of TV shows to watch, you will definitely not be watching any Ekta Kapoor shows after you try these!
1. Zindagi Gulzar Hai (Pakistan): The show is so real, you cannot help appreciating the production values that have gone into making it. The characters, their stories, their emotions, their look, in fact everything about them is real and believable. There is no over the top dressing or villains who plan and plot unrealistic situations! The main characters are so beautifuly drawn that you will fall in love with them!
2. Humsafar (Pakistan): You will love this story, experience the pain and loss suffered by the main characters in it. You will understand why Mahira Khan and Fawad Khan are such big stars in Pakistan!
3. Aangan (Pakistan): This is an ongoing TV drama that is a little like our daily soaps, but without the unrealistic vamps and over the top dressing. It is a relatable story of a big family and their struggles.
4. Broadchurch (UK): If you like English shows, watch this one. It will show you how miserable the TV shows from Hollywood are! You will be impressed with how the production and direction team have invested in each and every character.
5. Doctor Foster (UK): A compelling story, this will captivate you so much that you will end up binge watching the entire series!
6. Adını Feriha Koydum (Turkey): This is a 'rich boy - meets - poor girl' love story. You might think you have seen enough of them. But this one is a class apart and you will love it!
7. The Greatest Love (Korea): Koreans surely love romance. Most of their TV shows are based on romantic stories and this one is no different!
After you have watched these shows, we guarantee you will find yourself exploring TV content from across the world on your own. These shows can be found on Netflix, Youtube or other online platforms. Enjoy watching!!!